Looking to Buy a Home?
Whether you are a first time home buyer or an existing homeowner, buying a new home is an exciting event, but the process getting there can be overwhelming at times. Understanding the chain of events by working with a Realtor that has systematized the process will give you a lot more confidence with your decisions.
Choose a REALTOR®
Home Buyers Process, choose the best real estate agent to represent you in finding and purchasing your dream home and sign a Buyer Agency Agreement to work together. It is important to trust your agent, as you will be spending a lot of time together and your agent will help you with one of the biggest financial commitments you will make.
Obtain Financial Pre-Approval
Get pre-approved for a loan before you find the home you want to buy. Benefits include:
- You know your price range, closing costs, and monthly payments up front
- You only look at homes within your price range
- Most sellers won’t consider offers without the pre-approval letter
View Homes and Find “The One!”
After a thorough understanding of your new home needs, you receive a list of homes that meet most or all of your requirements, and we schedule time to visit them. I will also help you find homes through:
- Online with real estate search sites such as the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and my Keller Williams mobile search app – we will make appointments to visit them.
- For Sale or For Sale by Owner (FSBO) signs as you drive through neighborhoods – we will make appointments to visit them.
- Open Houses – accompanied by your real estate representative.
- New home developments – accompanied by your real estate representative.
Make Your Offer
Once you have found your dream home, I will research market data on the home to help you determine what to offer and we will present a written offer to the seller’s agent. There may be some negotiation required and the seller may either accept, reject, or counter your offer. When the seller accepts the offer, it becomes a legal contract.
Get Inspection and Negotiate Repairs
You will hire a professional home inspector to conduct a thorough inspection of the property and we will negotiate with the seller to complete any necessary repairs.
Final Review of Contract and Close!
The closing is the formal process of signing papers, paying fees and closing costs, and receiving the keys to your new home!
I am at my best when I serve as the trusted, ethical adviser that knows how to navigate the complexities of the market, while remaining an empathetic, nimble problem solver who can handle the myriad of details that accompany each and every relationship. Simply put, I hyper-focus on finding that perfect place for you to call home.